Egg Crate Mattress Pad
If you want to have a softer mattress, the egg crate mattress pad can do wonders.
For less than $50 you can revamp your mattress and enjoy comfortable, restful sleep once again. This pad is made from foam and it has lots of bumps and dips that proved to be very effective.
They are called egg crate mattress pads because the foam is shaped like an egg carton, reducing pressure points and proving proper spinal support. People have often the wrong impression that the little dimples are uncomfortable and avoid buying them but after you will sleep on an egg crate pad you won’t go back to the regular foam pad.
The mattress pad egg crate has specific attributes that allow it to create the perfect environment for your sleep:
* You can use on all types of mattresses, except the memory foam mattress because the pad will basically sink into the foam. It goes great instead with the inner spring mattress, the latex, air, water and even regular foam.
* The whole egg crate looks increases the breathability of the pad as you don’t have to worry about bad smells. This feature also prevents heating which is great, especially in hot summer nights.
* Keep your body aligned, reducing pressure points and those annoying back and neck pain that bug us in the morning.
* The egg crate mattress pad improves your circulation by evenly distributing your body weight.
* You get excellent support for your back and this is why the egg crate mattress pads are successfully used in hospitals with patients that underwent severe surgeries and need to have proper spinal support.
* You can find high end quality pads are made using only urethane foam which is plastic free.
* It’s available in many sizes and color so you won’t have trouble finding the right one for your bed.
* The pad has a flat back thus preventing it from sliding from a side to another.
* They are frequently used by students who can’t afford to buy a new mattress and need a better place to sleep than that old, incredible uncomfortable mattress.
The cleaning process is extremely easy and can be done in two ways:
* Fill a spray with some detergent and water and spray the mattress. Now let it work for about an hour and then either hose it down or keep it under the shower. Gently squeeze it so you get al the excess water out and let it dry.
* If you don’t like to use chemicals you can mix some lemon juice with baking soda and water and spray the mattress. Let it soak for an hour and let it dry by itself. to get rid of bad smells you can mix some vinegar with water and repeat and spray the mattress using the same steps as above.
Tip: 1. Don’t dry it in the dryer as the foam will melt and you will be in big trouble.
2. Let the egg crate mattress pad dry completely to avoid any mildew or mold.
3. If you don’t where to dry the pad, you can use a wet/dry vacuum cleaner to get most of the water out.
The egg caret mattress pas is definitely a great investment and after you sleep on it just for a night you will wonder why you haven’t bought one until now. It will last for more than just a couple of years and the comfort and support it provides makes it the best addition to your old mattress.
Filed under: Mattress