Memory Foam Mattress Topper Twin
A memory foam mattress topper twin is bought today more frequently than in the past and there are lots of reasons for it.
However, you shouldn’t buy one because it’s hip or because your neighbor has one.
First, let’s make sure that the whole thing with twin beds is clear. Twin beds normally are referred to as normal single beds or bunk beds and they standard sizes but this will vary from country to country or from a mattress manufacturer to another. A few inches plus or minus can make a huge difference so here is the standard rule for their dimensions:
- Twin mattress: 39 x 75 inches (or 99 x 190 cm)
- X-Long Twin: 39 x 80 inches (99 x 203 cm).
Yes, there’s also the XL Twin mattress which is a bit longer than the regular one as most adults don’t seem to fit in the old ones. Always have the exact measurements of your mattress as in most cases the toppers vary inn size even for the same type of bed, like the twin one and you might have to return the topper because it doesn’t fit right.
Now let’s illustrate some of the benefits you will have out of having a mattress topper and the disadvantages that derive from it.
Memory foam mattress topper advantages
1. Extra comfort. You will enjoy your sleep on the memory foam mattress topper twin especially if you ended up with a new mattress that is far worse than the old one.
2. Bed bugs/mites. Foam is not the best home for these pesky insects and this is why this material became very popular among consumers, especially with people that have allergies or just want to have a clean, bug free house. The antiallergenic feature proved to be the most important one as especially when speaking about twin beds, which are mostly used by kids, this can prove to be essential.
3. Great for your health. You will experience less frequent head aches and migraines and even eliminate them as the softness of the foam relieves your body from tension and unwanted pressure on the neck and head area. Back pain is a very common result of bad designed mattresses but the mattress topper will alleviate this type of pain and provide the proper support for your back. The joints are relieved of all the pressure they were exposed to on a too firm mattress and the comfort results in less painful arthritis.
4. Protects the mattress. The memory foam twin mattress topper increases the lifespan of your mattress and if you choose to buy a waterproof one you don’t have to worry anymore about cleaning it every time you spill something on it.
5. Easy to clean. You just put in the washing machine, wash it let it dry and the end. Make sure that you read the label carefully because if you use a higher temperature you might ruin it.
6. Thickness. This vary from 1″ to 4″ but the ideal one seems to be 2″ because it’s not too soft or too firm and keeps your body perfectly aligned so you don’t wake up in the morning with killing back pains.
7. Revamp you old mattress. If you want to give your old mattress a new feel, you can buy one of these and you’re done. Your mattress will be soft and comfortable again and you can have good sleep without having to buy a new mattress.
8. Price. The twin size memory foam mattress topper is obvious less expensive than the twin xl memory foam mattress topper but just with several bucks. The price tag is usually between $50-$150 for a medium quality one while for the top quality you might end up paying as much as $600.
1. The size. As I said earlier, you rarely find a mattress topper with a perfect fit and you have big chances of having one that keeps sliding to the sides and that looks extremely weird on the bed. Check the sizes ten times if you have to and if you have the slightest concern that if won’t fit try to look for a better one.
2. Moving from side to side. Because it lies on top of the mattress and you can’t fix it in nails you might notice that the mattress topper is anywhere than the place it should be instead.
3. The end result. Indeed, the mattress topper is great and has lots of benefits but most of them don’t do anything. To avoid this, look for reviews on the web and also ask your friends what they recommend so you can buy something that really works.
4. No magic involved. If you have an old and uncomfortable mattress the best thing you can do is to buy a new one as no mattress topper can save you. Indeed, it makes it more comfortable but not the level of comfort you want to experience when you go to bed.
The memory foam mattress topper twin helps you to get better sleep at night and wake pain free in the morning without having to buy a new mattress. You can now sleep like a baby without spending a fortune on mattresses.
Filed under: Mattress